Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Time in Between


I'm afraid my blog is becoming a bit book obsessed. People keep asking me when I find the time to read. Well, I guess the answer to that is that I *make* the time, and it's not really much of an effort! I read in the bathtub, I read during my lunch, I read for about 45 min. before bed, and if the book is really good.... I'll even turn the TV off to read some more. Yes, that is amazing, because I am a self proclaimed TV addict.
This book was a loan and recommendation from my Mom. It was a really interesting subject for me as I love reading about other cultures, and this one takes place in Vietnam. It's about a man who fought for America in the Vietnam war and revisited it 30 years later to try and sort out his feelings about the the war and what had taken place there. He goes missing, and 2 of his children go there to try and find out what happened to him. I won't tell you any more than that, but I think it's well worth a read.
Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! I'll definitely have to check it out! :)