Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Caramel Praline Cheescake



I made this delicious cheesecake for my aunts going away dinner on the weekend. It is a fantastic and easy cake to make... and eat! I know those look like Malteezers on the top, but they are actually Junior Caramels that I cut in half, then placed on the cheescake while it was still warm to they would melt and stick to the cake.
I've made many a cheescake in my day... this is one of the best!
1 1/4 c. graham crumbs
1/4 c. melted butter
34 Caramels
3 tbsp. milk
1 c. chopped pecans
3 packages (250 gram packs)cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla3 eggs
*Combine crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of a 9" springform pan.
*Melt caramels with milk in saucepan on low heat, stir until smooth. Stir in pecans and pour over crust.
*Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on med. until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mix just until blended. Pour batter over caramel mixture.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 45050 minutes or until center is almost set.
*Cool, then chill 4 hours (at least)
*Garnish top with cut in half Junior Caramels. Wait until about 5 minutes after its come out of the oven.
*Enjoy!

No comments: