Thursday, March 26, 2009

David Sedaris




Where have you been all my life David Sedaris? I've heard about him for years and was always intrigued, but not enough to seek out his books. I'm usually a fiction gal, so essays weren't really my bag.
Well, I stand corrected. I was reading The New Yorker a few months ago, and happened upon one of his stories from When You are Engulfed in Flames. It spurred me on to buy one of his books, so I chose Naked, maybe for the title? I reserved Flames from the library and consumed it in short order... I'm not sure if his stories are all 100% true, but I don't care. They are so funny and entertaining it just doesn't matter!

2 comments:

neilwaukee said...

hee hee i just read in flames book, and for the first time in years laughed aloud, alone, so funny. my son asked if he was married to amy and i laughed even louder.

My name is Andrea said...

Ha ha! That IS funny! Tell him to read the book to find out!