Monday, August 04, 2008

Pride Parade

It was the Vancouver Pride Society 30 year anniversary this year, and I went to the parade for the very first time! Usually I'm camping or in New York this weekend, but this year it was neither of the above, so I went with my sister and my 2 little nephews. It was an awesome spectacle of colour and colourful characters! My 3 year old nephew just loved it because people kept giving him lollipops! He was very excited about all of the cars, trucks and balloons going by as well... my sister told him that at the parade we were going to, people waved rainbow flags instead of Canadian flags (he's only ever been to the Canada day parade!) Happy Pride to all!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad you had a good time! This was the first time in many years that I didn't go to our local Pride Parade. Ours is at night, which is way cool. :-)

My name is Andrea said...

oh, that must be great at night!!!!!! Quite the party I'm sure!