Saturday, August 12, 2006

My first blog




Well, after much thought, I've finally come up with a name for my blog... Small muse!
As a jewellery designer, I work on a very small scale. My Jewellery school projects were both miniature renditions of larger objects. First year I did the small Art Deco Furniture, and second year my grad project was miniature marionettes. I've always been inspired by children's art, especially my own art that I made as a child. I was so free then. I didn't have to colour within the lines. The grass didn't have to be green, and the sky didn't have to be blue. There weren't any rules, only imagination. That's what I hope to get back to in my own work. The freedom to create with abandon, and not worry about whether or not it is "right". I'm hoping to post new art routinely on this blog, so check back frequently, if you want to see what I'm up to!

No comments: