Saturday, August 19, 2006

Jonathan Livingston


The other day we found a baby seagull in our common garden area. It had probably flown down from a rooftop nest, and wasn't able to get back up. I was always the kid who brought home any stray animal she found on the street, so of course I'm instantly worried about the little guy, and want to help it... Unfortunately, what can you do? It wasn't injured, just stuck on the ground, so I had no choice but to leave it and hope it figured out how to fly home.

Well, at 6:30 am the next morning, Henry started barking and fretting at the screen door. I pulled back the curtain, and who was camped out there but the seagull! It was pecking at the screen, like Hey! Let me in!
I haven't seen him since, so hopefully he made it back up safely.

This is a birthday card I made for Warren.

No comments: