Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wall-E


I finally saw Wall-E yesterday. How can a computer generated robot make me cry? I had a very emotional reaction to this little guy. There's just something about a lonely robot who just wants to hold someone's hand that brings a tear to my eye! This is NOT a kids movie in my opinion. Yes, kids can watch it, but (depending on their age)the message would be lost on them, I'm afraid. My 4 year old nephew saw it and but found it a bit scary, but loved Wall-E himself. I hope this one cleans up at the Academy Awards. I think it deserves to be a contender in categories other than just animation. The environmental and political undertones give it a greater depth than most movies in this genre. Run, don't walk and rent WALL-E!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Andrea! I haven't seen Wall-E yet but it's on our LoveFilm (Norwegian NetFlix) list. I'll move it up to #1 immediately. I think I'll probably cry, too...

Anonymous said...

I saw it over the holidays and was so impressed! Such a sweet movie with real meaning and a clear message. I want to buy it now. :)

neilwaukee said...

my five year old and i just watched it twice what a great movie, so good, i would have cried too if i weren't so burly. ha