Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Glass Castle


Lately I have been consuming books like candy (and believe me, I eat a LOT of candy!)I buy almost all of my books at the local Salvation Army thrift store and most books are $1.00-2.00, cheap like borscht! I consider it my "buying library". I'm really bad at remembering to return library books, so I just return them to the Sally Ann when I'm done with them - No overdue fees!
This is one of the most engrossing books I've read in a while. I couldn't put it, was dreaming about it when I went to sleep!
It's a memoir by Jeannette Walls about her bizarre and dysfunctional family growing up. A lot of it is hard to believe, but I know people who have had similar upbringings, so I'm pretty sure it's not a Thousand Little Pieces all over again. She is proof that someone can make something of their life, no matter where they've come from. I highly recomend it!

No comments: