Friday, May 04, 2007

The boy and his ball

Usually when I get home, I sit down on the couch for a little R&R, and within seconds, I have this face in my face, with a bright pink ball in his mouth. I made the mistake of throwing him the ball one day when we got home from work, he's never forgotten it, and it's now become his routine.
The other day I threw it for a good hour of American Idol (YES, I watch it!) and finally I just looked at him and said, "I am so done with that ball" and he shot me a look, picked it up and took it to his basket. I swear, he's almost human....

2 comments:

Kathleen J. said...

It is funny how dogs can train people. Ours has trained my husband to give him a treat when he comes home from work. If he forgets Patches makes sure to let him know.

My name is Andrea said...

They are VERY clever, aren't they? Mine is in his usual position as we speak!